REMEMBERING THE LEGACY OF GOV. VICTOR ATTAH’S ADMINISTRATION.
The following are the achievements of Obong Victor Attah as the first Democratically elected Governor of Akwa Ibom State from 1999-2007.
(1) Increased workers salaries 3tyms in 8yrs.
(2) Revamped the moribund Champion breweries and privatized it.
(3) Constructed 4 lanes-Edet Akpan avenue,
Atiku Abubakar way, Nsikak Eduok avenue, Dualized Udo Udoma avenue,
Dualized Oron road to Airport,
Dualized Nwainba road down to Le Meridian
Dualized Abak road to Ekom iman.
Rehabilitated/tarred internal roads and streets in the state capital.
(4) Constructed brand new 4 General hospitals which include that of Abak and Okobo Local Government Area.
(5) Construction of low cost housing unit in all the Federal constituencies.
(6) Initiated/built Airport, seaport, Science park, Ibaka industrial free trade zone, 4 new world class standard motor parks.
(7) Rehabilitation of idongesit Nkanga Secretariat to a world class working environment, rehabilitation of all the primary and secondary schools across the state.
(8) Construction of water-board drilling & processing facilities in all the LGAs.
(9) Initiated Onna Rice farm, ini and Ikono rice farm projects in corroborating with world bank but unfortunately its now abandoned.
(10) Achieved a 13% oil derivation for all 9 states that make ups the Niger Delta through the abrogation of onshore/offshore dichotomy.
(11) Empowered local contractors/ construction companies, urging them to aspire to become multi nationals.
12. Built Akpan Andem Market in Uyo.
13. Built Shelter Afrique Estate and security villages in LGs.
14. Industrial layout in Mbak Itam were we have the Itam park and Timber market and other, opened ring roads.
15. Trained our graduates abroad to become lecturers at AK University.
16. Brought Nigeria stock exchange to uyo, Akwa savings and loans.
17. Built the independent power plant popularly called (Ibom Power Plant)
18. Built Ibom Lemeridian Hotel & Golf Resort, which is the best and biggest in West Africa.
19. Initiated Akwa Ibom State University of Science & tech now AKSU.
20. Paid NECO fees for SS3 students yearly.
21. Built Ibom plaza and Udoudoma Unity park.
22. Designed and established the Ibom banking layout where the CBN, Stock exchange buildings and other banks are located.
Indeed, Arc. (Obong). Victor Bassey Udo Adiaha Attah, is a living legend who played a great role just as other Governors of Akwa Ibom State in getting the state to where it is today. His giant strides in leadership is worthy of emulation.